Illinois Tool Works (ITW) businesses operate in nearly every corner of the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW is a Fortune 150 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. ITW employs approximately 48,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, and with operations in 57x countries.
ITW APAC operate across Australian & New Zealand with 30 branches.
Leveraging our long-term relationships with the ITW APAC group lead (Scott Lancaster), we were given the opportunity to demonstrate our Azure capabilities – both from skills and ongoing services perspective.
We commenced an Azure Migrate assessment in September 2019 with ITW. Over the course of 11x months, we worked tirelessly with the ITW team on the development and refinement of a suitable cloud solution for their ANZ workloads against the Microsoft Azure platform.
Microsoft Azure was selected by ITW as their preferred public cloud platform of choice. Macquarie Cloud Services’ Azure Managed service was also selected by ITW, as it offered the following key advantages:
- A managed service built exclusively for Microsoft Azure
- A safe and free migration from legacy on-premises infrastructure and into Azure
- A Landing Zone in Azure built to best practices
- Greatly improved spend control
- A service description that majors on:
- Resource Optimisation
Commencing in August of 2020, the Macquarie team worked closely with ITW to successfully design, build and migrate to an Azure Services architecture featuring (as core Azure services):
- VNETs, Network Security Groups, NSG Flow Logs
- VMs, Managed Disks, Availability Sets
- SQL Virtual Machine
- Storage Accounts
- ExpressRoute Circuit, VNET Gateway
- Recovery Services Vaults
- Service Bus
- Log Analytics Workspaces
- Key Vaults
- Automation Accounts, Runbooks
- And more…
APAC Platform IT Manager